As we all continue to navigate this new normal and keep all our schools open, I would like to thank you for your ongoing support. We are grateful to parents for their vigilance, where children are showing signs of COVID, in keeping their children at home and participating in testing when appropriate. We are aware, that in the coming weeks and months, testing will become more common. We will always notify families and staff of any positive results and required advice around bubble closure. Thank you. Mrs Parfitt, Headteacher
The following is guidance from the NHS (www.nhs.uk) which you may find helpful:
What to do if you notice symptoms? You and everyone in your household must self-isolate if you or anyone you live with has coronavirus symptoms.
If you’ve got symptoms, even mild ones, get a test immediately to find out if you have coronavirus.
Book a free test as soon as possible at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119 if displaying symptoms: a high temperature OR a new, continuous cough, OR a loss or change in sense of smell or taste.
It’s vital that everyone with symptoms of coronavirus, regardless of their age, gets a free test.
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms, unless it is to get tested.
When to self-isolate and what to do ~ Self-isolation is when you do not leave your home because you have or might have coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps stop the virus spreading to other people.
When to self-isolate ~ You must self-isolate immediately if:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you've tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk (Please see Government list)
For up-to-date information on Coronavirus please visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus